Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Last Few Weeks of February

So February is almost over, and we're wiped. We're working our asses off on Così fan tutte, which the Kons has decided to stage, like, right now, so we're cramming every day, trying to get the next scene memorized in time for staging. At the same time, we're preparing for a recital next Saturday, with a couple of dress rehearsals this week and next week leading up to it, where we have lots to sing as well (and lots to memorize). Insanity. We have about enough energy every evening to stare at our computers mindlessly until we realize it's late and we need to be asleep 30 minutes ago. And that, my friends, is what the end of February '08 looks like from out here.

We saw lots o' operas the week we got back: Aida, Così fan tutte and Cavalleria Rusticana/Pagliacci. Aida gets a high draw score, since the women were good, and the tenor was *so bad* that he unfortunately doesn't allow Aida placing in the win category. Così fan tutte was excellent, with an excellent cast, an excellent conductor (Muti), no cuts, and an adequate staging. Really really great (and long!). Cavalleria was not so good, and Pagliacci was good, so I guess we'll give one point into the win category and one low-draw. So, that's 2 wins and 2 draws for the Wiener Staatsoper: 10-4-4.

I gonna get me a Tom Bihn backpack. I'm actually excited about buying a backpack. Nerd. On an unrelated note, you know when you wake up and your eyebrow or eyeball is spasming for no reason and it's really weird? You ever get that in the muscles of your lower lip? I used to be able to say me neither; it's been a weird day.



Generated by Flickr Album Maker

2 comments:

Em said...

I actually do know what it's like to get that weird spasming sensation.

Also, I am one of those two in CA. At least I think so. Take that!

Gabe & Melanie said...

In your *lip*?! Its so weird!