Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Spreadsheet: 189 Important Classical Composers, Their dates and their mnemonics

OK! Most of the framework is now complete! (Nice!)

So I have a list of composers (which has swollen a bit, up to 189), and a list of 134 birth years (lots of composers are born on the same year, which saves me some work). I've made mnemonics for every birth and death year, as well as every composer name. I've plotted a 134 stop journey from my bed to Johannesgasse 4a (I have another whole journey inside of Johannesgasse 4a, out to Singerstraße 22, inside there, and then to Stephansdom. Turns out I don't need it, but I imagine it will come in useful in the future for something)

So now I just need to take all these images and string them together into a story.

Also it wouldn't be bad to learn a little bit about the composers that I have completely forgotten (or never knew in the first place).

Here's the spreadsheet

No comments: