Saturday, July 26, 2008

Boop

Alrighty, my essay/blog post about cinque terre is now done, and I added a few notes to the translation in places where google translate just gets whacky (though I really do like that section about my camera). Our 1-month course is ending rapidly, and we're getting ready to say goodbye to the people we met and friends we've made. Sad! We start up a new course on august 4th, though we're not sure where (I might switch colleges, since I'm only here for 2 weeks in august and there's a college here that offers intensive 2-week classes)

Tomorrow, we're going to the lake nearby with a friend or two, and we'll hopefully get to see the weird boat race on land that just happens to occur the last sunday of July. Crazy video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqhI89YipTw

While I've learned a lot of Italian, I haven't learned as much as I'm hoping to by the end of this process, which makes it weird to have classes ending right now; we're getting ready for exams and stuff and it's just a bit weird, since I'm certainly not done with what I set out to do.

Today we had a lazy day around the house. Fabio, Loan and their family are here now, which I was a little worried about initially (7 people in 1 house with 1 bathroom!) but has turned out to be great. Fabio's daughter Alice is a real sweetheart and has taken to following me around the kitchen and telling me how to say everything in the kitchen. Every time I say the word 'coltello' (Knife) ("Non colTRELLO, colTELLO! colTELLO!") I'll think of her. Spent an hour today talking about career and work and all sorts of things with Fabio in Italian and English (he in english, which he's trying to learn, me in italian), which was super cool.

What else, what else...looks like we're going to Rome next weekend. A quote from the owner of the B&B we're staying at: "I thank you very much, and I tell you that your holyday in Rome will be unforgettable,because Rome is wonderful!! Giovanna" aww

Meredith and Bryan were thinking of dropping by on my last weekend here, but looks like that's fallen through, so we'll just have to go to Florence or something and have a REALLY GOOD TIME WITHOUT THEM. And stuff.

That's all! Hope all's well with ya'll -Gabe

1 comment:

Em said...

YOU GUYS LIVE IN A FAIRY TALE.
Ugh. If I didn't love you both so much I would despise you.
xoxoxoxoxo!